Wednesday 23 April 2014

Music Video Update - Big Changes

My brother was having a lot of trouble trying to organise the video with his band for quite a while before he told me, so that's why it was getting later and later for me to organise it with him. He was fully co-operative with me, it just wasn't happening for the rest of them. Brother decided since he so happens to be in two bands, that he would use the other band since he thought they would be a lot more suited to making the video and also the music.
I was concerned about this since it was getting late in the game to have such a big decision, and for a day or so, i said to him i no longer had faith that the video would go ahead. I did change my mind in the end, but said to him sternly that things had to get a very quick move on otherwise the video just wouldn't happen, and that would be bad for my assignment.
Him and his singer Aaron quickly discussed concepts for an idea to a song they had, and put out a post on facebook asking for actors to be involved since he knows quite a lot of people from a drama background. I quickly got sent a concept i felt was ok and doable considering the time and the fact it's just me doing the shooting. The concept;



The song is called "Worlds Away" and they felt this idea was simple and put across the message in a simple but effective way. The only concern was whether it would look cheesy, but i felt that if it was done right, it wouldn't be. This concept will be coupled with shots of the band playing in an outdoor location.
My brother decided on some locations in Lincoln, since he knows the places better then me, and also he had to think about locations in terms of travel (parking) and the practicality and he would be able to understand and research that more than me since he was in Lincoln.

He decided that West Common would be a good place since it was a vast landscape with lots of potential places to set up, plus the views behind were of Lincoln and the Cathedral so he felt that was a good representation since the band are from Lincoln.
He contacted the local council and they said it should be ok to film on there since it's common land and it's a fairly rural location. He did mention the problem of instruments but they seemed ok with that. The only thing was that he never got written permission which is an issue.
 

 


He decided on his friend Suzy to be the actor, and we decided the best date would be 12th-13th April.
This ended up being moved to 14th April because i had to compile the paperwork together and it gave us more time to organise it.

 In terms of equipment and my part, i decided to storyboard & put together a general idea of how it would look. I decided to use my own equipment partly because of practicality and also because it was in the holidays and it would be more complicated to obtain equipment so i felt it was just less stressful. I do feel like it would be better with better equipment, but as long as i have a video, it's better then faffing around with equipment and also carrying on trains etc.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment